A question that I often get asked is “Should I hire a Personal Trainer?” So to answers once for all and to help you decide if a Personal Trainer is right for you, I’ve listed below my Top 10 benefits of hiring a personal trainer
1. Personalised Training Plan
A good Personal Trainer will be able to tailor your training plan to suit you and what you enjoy, as well as encourage you to do the exercises and routines that are best to achieve your health and fitness goals.
There are always going to be some days when doing a hard workout is the last thing you feel like doing and so haring a Personal Trainer means that they can tailor your exercise for that day to both accommodate your mood while still making the session helpful.
2. We Help You With Your Unique Requirements
Everyone is different, which means everybody’s abilities and requirements are different when it comes to exercise. This could be anything from having a recurring injury requiring special exercises to having a phobia that impacts on where or how you workout.
If, for example, you have an old hip injury that required surgery, but since the surgery, you haven’t done anything to rebuild the muscles or improve the mobility, then different exercises and goals are going to be needed than an athlete who is training to do an ultimate cycling challenge. This is where the experience of a Personal Trainer makes a huge difference to your training program.
3. We Can Help You Set Realistic Goals
Everyone wants to achieve their goals straight away, whether it’s weight-loss, beach-body abs or Superman strength. However, these goals are not always achievable, and so when you don’t hit them, you can become very discouraged.
When hiring a Personal Trainer, not only will they help you set realistic goals you’ll be able to achieve (with you putting in the effort, of course) but they will also ensure you keep on track to hit those goals. For example, if your goal is to fit into something special for a wedding you’re attending, it’s not about smashing out 100’s of sit-ups every day for a month to work your abs. It’s about altering your diet to eat the correct foods and combining the right mix of cardio and weights to develop the right muscles and setting a realistic timeframe that this can be achieved.
4. We Can Help You With Specific Goals, Like Training For An Event
In addition to helping their clients set realistic goals, Personal Trainers are the ideal tool to help you achieve a specific goal. This is perfect for those who are training for a specific event or need to achieve a certain level of fitness before they are able to do something they really want.
Your goal could be to run a marathon in nine months, so hiring a Personal Trainer to put you on the right track could be all you need to complete a marathon. Or you may have a goal where you want to do a parachute jump but you are over the maximum weight, then hiring a Personal Trainer to assist with helping you lose weight is a fantastic start to achieving this goal.
5. No Wasted Time = Maximum Results
In my experience, there are two types of people who go to the gym:
1) Those who tend to wander in unsure what to do and spend 10 minutes on one machine and then drift slowly over to another, before half-heartedly trying chest press for a few reps, then walking out.
2) Those who have a plan in mind, and hit the gym with a purpose. They will generally have a set amount of reps they do in sets of two or three, and they’ll know exactly what they’re doing on each machine.
Obviously, the first group will not be achieving their fitness goals unless they get some help and have someone to direct them. If you’re one of those people who is unsure what to do then you should be getting the help of a Personal Trainer as soon as you can.
6. We Help You To Form Good Habits
It can take many weeks to form good habits, and take even longer to break bad habits. Trying to do it on your own is hard work. Having a Personal Trainer is like having a guardian angel on your shoulder who is constantly encouraging you in the right direction. They will keep you away from the dark side by keeping you on track to achieve your fitness goals.
7. Hiring a Personal Trainer is An Education
One of the principal reasons that someone should have a Personal Trainer is that they are trained in teaching others how to exercise. Although exercise in itself is only a part of fitness, with nutrition and lifestyle playing an essential role in the overall picture if you don’t get the exercise right then you will never achieve your fitness goals.
Education when exercising is important for two primary reasons:
1) If you don’t know which exercises are most effective for the goals you have, you are very unlikely to achieve them. For example, if your goal is to build core strength but you spend all your time on cardio exercises, then you are unlikely to hit your goal.
2) Performing exercises correctly is essential in reducing the risk of injury. Each year, many people end up seriously injured by performing exercises they have not received training for, which can impact their long-term health and fitness. Having a Personal Trainer who’s trained in how to execute certain tasks will greatly reduce the level of risk and increase the effectiveness of your fitness routine.
8. We Hold You Accountable
How many times have you gone to bed and said to yourself, “Tomorrow I’m going to wake up, go to the gym and do a workout before I get ready for work”, and then woken up and decided to sleep for another hour instead of exercising?
This is where a Personal Trainer is most critical to ensuring that you commit yourself and stick to your fitness goals. If you’ve made an appointment to meet your Personal Trainer for a session, then you are far more likely to still go than if you are just telling yourself you should go to the gym.
9. Flexibility for Location
The fact is that not everyone enjoys the idea of going to a busy gym or having to wait for the machine you want to use to become available. The benefit of having a Personal Trainer is that you aren’t limited to working out where equipment is available – not only will your Personal Trainer have some equipment that they can bring with them, but you can also choose the location in which you exercise.
Whether it’s in the comfort of your own home or your local park, with a Personal Trainer you have the flexibility to workout wherever suits you best.
10. We Encourage and Challenge You
Do you find yourself getting bored with a fitness routine? Have you plateaued because you have progressed beyond the exercises you know? Then, a Personal Trainer is what you need to take you to the next level, and continuously challenge your abilities.
- Don’t think you can lift that barbell?
- Positive you won’t fit back into your favourite dress?
- Doubt you’ll be able to compete in a charity fun run next year?
A Personal Trainer is your life coach, nutrition consultant and encourager all in one, and without them, your fitness goals will be much harder to achieve. So what are you waiting for? Find a professional Personal Trainer today to help achieve your fitness goals.
I hope these Top 10 Benefits of Hiring a Personal Trainer have helped. To discuss how I can help you achieve your health and fitness goals, contact me to book your FREE 30-minute consultation.